This course is being offered free to parents in an effort to enhance parents’ understanding of the real focus of interscholastic sports and assist parents as they promote and support school teams, coaches and student-athletes.
The course, which only takes about 25 minutes to complete, is accessible through the NFHS Learning center online. Here’s how!
Go to the NFHS website: www.nfhslearn.com
- If you are a returning user, you can login with your email address and password. If you are a first-time user, you will need to register. Go to the upper right hand corner and click on “New User? Register” link.
- Complete the New User Registration. Note: You WILL NOT be solicited with spam or other useless information. This process is strictly for registering legitimate participants in the course(s) offered by the NFHS.
- For “Your Position”, scroll down and click on “PARENT”.
- Under “Your Sport”, click on “—NONE—” and then click the “move to right radio button”.
- Click on “Submit Registration” when completed.
After you have registered, you will then be taken to the home screen of NFHS Learn. Find the link that reads “GREAT FREE COURSES” and then click on “The Role of the Parent in Sports”.
- Click on ‘Courses’ at the top of the nfhslearn.com home page.
- Scroll down or search for ‘Positive Sport Parenting’. Click ‘order course’.
- Click ‘order course’ (don’t worry, it’s free and you won’t have to enter any payment information.)
- Upon completion of the course, you will have an opportunity to print a certificate that you can turn into the school office.